I just wanted to make everyone aware that we're holding a tutorial
again at ASPLOS this year (Sunday 3/2) in the morning. We're planning
to provide public access to the M5 repository in conjunction with the
We have some exciting new features in v2.0, including:
- New cache model
- More abstract cache coherence that is general enough to allow multi-
- Inter-object protocol for memory-system objects
- Python creation of object parameters
- Support for ARM, SPARC, and MIPS
- Performance improvements
- Creating and using Simpoints
Even if you came to last year's tutorial, you can come again to learn
about these new features.
We'll also be discussing:
- M5 structure
- Specifying configurations
- Running experiments
- Debugging techniques
- Future development directions
So, if you're new to M5, you're going to learn enough to get started.
Our tutorial page:
ASPLOS web page (registration, schedule, etc.):
Hope to see you there!